May 18, 2018 | Culture & Leadership, Emerging Trends, Futureproofing & Disruption, New Business Models & Strategies, Social Innovation & Transforming Better Worlds, Startups & Accelerators, Technology & New Media
As a companion study to our customer-facing “Customer Zeitgeist”, we’re asking digital executives, IT leaders, transformationists and strategic people dealing with the connected economy, all about the emerging technologies and the changing digital world.
Let’s go deeper than just naming trends, let’s put some weight and timing to them and figure out what’s really happening now. We’re calling the study “The 2018 Digital and Technology Periscope” and it follows up on a Digital Transformation Study we fielded last year.
We have got so many curiosities, we have divided the survey into two parts:
Part 1: Current digital practices and behaviours: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/digitalperiscope2a
Part 2: Future trends and predictions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/digitalperiscope2b
Some of our 40+ questions include (the full question set in the slideshare deck below):
- the most disrupted industries by technology
- the biggest organizational winners and losers
- top macro and meta technology trends
- biggest elements for technology leadership
- top opportunities and impasses for digital transformation
- biggest bets and top ethical considerations for a technology future
- understanding on the weights and mainstream timing for anticipated next wave of technology
- where will organizations be investing the most
- what opinions and biases people have on how to approach technology implementations
- some fun questions on favourite tech-realzted Tv/Netflix shows and best tech advice you’d give the 19 year old you
- and what’s changed from previous study’s reports
Our survey will open up in early 2018 and closeout in June 2018. As always, we will offer a range of benefits to respondents:
- first crack at the topline report
- ability to be credited for comments in our final report and presentations
- a chance to win digital and technology-relevant recent books (see below)
- an opportunity to collaborate and work with us as a technology futures guide
Before launching, please let us know if you’d like to here:
- be a respondent to the survey
- invite us into your company to present the results
- express your interest in being part of our Periscope technology guild
- work with us to produce industry-specific content or executive report
Once again here are the two surveys:
Part 1: Current digital practices and behaviours (estimated time to complete 14 minutes):
Part 2: Future trends and predictions (estimated time to complete 18 minutes):
May 24, 2016 | Branded Content and Social Business, Connecting with Customers, Culture & Leadership, Customer Experience & Insights, Digiball - Sports & Technology, Emerging Trends, Front Page, Futureproofing & Disruption, Hot Topics, Leading Winning Business, Marketing & Brand Engagement, New Business Models & Strategies, Product & Service Innovation, Social Innovation & Transforming Better Worlds, Startups & Accelerators, Technology & New Media, The Crowd, Sharing and On-Demand Economy, WHAT'S NEW
As part of a personal and new economy manifesto, I have been compiling the best examples of a society, culture, business and technology that keeps getting sped up. It’s one thing to say it as a “throwaway line”, it’s another thing all together to find the evidence. I’ve been foolish enough to chase down various sources and work my way backward into history and forward into the future.
Here is my first initial instalment of 5 posts (x 6 examples) that point to a world that keeps getting quicker, faster and tougher to evaluate. These snippets once again prove that whereas “we may overestimate the change that is happening in the short term, we massively underestimate how much is changing in the near/long term.”
The key takeaways – embrace change, don’t get stuck on one paradigm, experiment and fail/scale quickly and become a daily, life-long learner looking at what’s changing constantly.
Here are the first ones…enjoy:
Fast Forward #1 – The Time We Spend on Digital Each Day (2008-2017)– yes it’s more than doubled over the last decade.
Fast Forward #2 – Digital Video The World Consumes Each Month (2008-2016) – and let’s just say PB = a petabyte which is a lot
Fast Forward #3 – The Number of Digital Devices We Connect To (2003-2020) – and since 6.6 is the average, many of us will have 30+ devices connected to us.
Fast Forward #4 – The Amount of Olympic Tweeting (from Beijing to London to Rio) – yes despite Twitter stagnation, this will be a social Citius, Altius, Fortius this summer
Fast Forward #5 – Global Social Network Audience (2007-2019) – in 12 years, we will have almost septupled the audience connected on social platforms
Fast Forward #6 – Global Internet Users (2002-2020) – our world keeps getting smaller and smaller
Follow or link to me for more Fast Forward Updates here, my website SeanMoffitt.com and a new eponymous venture launching soon.